School of the Holy Child recommends the following resources to assist you in the college application process:
Naviance Family Connection is a web-based resource for students and their parents. Use Family Connection to research colleges, build a prospective college list, build and maintain a resume, track deadlines and link to external sites about financial aid and scholarships, college athletics and the College Board. The College Counseling office works with Naviance Succeed to match each student's Common Application and communicate with colleges.
College Visits, Interviews & Demonstrated Interest
College Visits are the best way for high school students to get a feel for a particular college. Visiting campus provides the opportunity to tour the campus, meet students, speak with faculty, ask questions, audit classes and set up interview.
College Interviews are an important part of the admission process, and should be scheduled in advance to coincide with your college visit.
Demonstrated Interest is tracked by some schools in order to gauge genuine interest in their college and predict their yield (number of admitted students who accept the offer of admission.) Be sure to ask about "demonstrated interest" when you visit each college.
Helpful Telephone Assistance
- General information about the Federal Student Financial Assistance Programs, assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): 1.800.433.3243
- To check on the processing of your FAFSA or request a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR): 1.319.337.5665
- TDD number for hearing-impaired individuals to call with any federal student aid questions: 1.800.730.8913
- To order FAFSA Express on diskette: 1.800.801.0576
- To report fraud, waste, or abuse involving federal student aid funds: 1.800.647.8733
- FAFSA on the Web (general information and technical assistance): 1.800.801.0576