Merit Scholarship Deadline - December 6, 2020
To be considered for a Merit Scholarship, please complete the family portion of the admission application and merit scholarship supplements by this date. Application recommendations are due by December 11. Visit your Admission Portal to complete these steps.
Merit Scholarships at Holy Child are designed to attract students entering Grade 9 who demonstrate strong character, outstanding academic achievement, intellectual curiosity, leadership qualities as well as a commitment to contributing to the School community.
Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who have distinguished themselves as outstanding scholars and citizens. We require submission of supplemental materials to be considered for this recognition. Award amounts range from $5,000 to $10,000 per year for 4 years of high school. To be considered for a Merit Scholarship, please submit a response to only one of the topics below. Be sure to review requirements carefully, as some questions have two options for submission format.
An essay (no more than 500 words) on the following topic:
Important qualities we hope Holy Child students embody upon graduation are courage and confidence. How are these qualities similar? Can you exemplify one trait without the other? Explain.
Holy Child Schools work for Christian principles of justice, peace, and compassion in every facet of life and there is an understanding that our actions speak the message of the Gospel. At Holy Child, we strive to serve those in need as a community, and empower students to serve faithfully. To be considered, please submit a response in one of the following formats:
- Create a video about how you serve. Consider photos from various projects, as well as narration and music. Be creative!
- Write a reflection about how you serve and why service matters to you.
In honor of a beloved educator who spent 19 years teaching in Holy Child's Science Department, this scholarship is awarded to students with strong backgrounds and continued interest in the STEM field.
To be considered, imagine you are applying for a grant and submit a response in one of the following formats:
- Create a video about a STEM project you would like to pursue. Consider photos from various projects, as well as narration and music. Be creative!
- A written proposal about a STEM project you would like to pursue and why it matters to you.
To be considered, please submit an artist statement of 500 words or fewer, as well as a portfolio of work containing the following items for either the visual or performing arts.
- Visual Arts:
- Two of your most successful works in any medium from the past two years.
- One imaginative 2D artwork in any media complete with an artist statement on a separate sheet explaining your ideas. No smaller than 11x14 inches
- Performing Arts
- A video of yourself performing two contrasting pieces; one to demonstrate technical ability and one expressive.
If you have questions, please contact Kristen Parrott Mulvoy '91 at extension 227.